There is a great deal of fear around outgrowing your operational tools and identifying when it’s the right time to consider moving to a new system. Now is the time to eliminate the fear of change and provide detail on important factors to consider when choosing your next agency management tool.
1. Identifying the Right Time
Timing is key to most important decisions in life, choosing a new operational system is no different. It’s imperative to prepare for the future of your business in advance, especially in the marketing agency space. One of the worst things that could happen to an agency would be to win new business and then identify the need for a project and financial management system to ensure you are accurately measuring your finances, resources, projects and pipeline. Don’t wait until you win a new big project to then implement your system, have everything set in place so you are set up for success.
2. Finding Comfort in Change
It is normal for people to fear change, but for any growing business, change is so critical to the future growth of the company. Changing your operations is an infrastructure change. You want to build a business process that’s going to stand and grow with you. It’s important to map out your business plans and identify the pain points that will now be eliminated by your back-office operations. This will help you better understand the financial gain of your new total agency management solution.
Three ways to find comfort in change:
- Make time – Set aside time. If you don’t take the time to look at your organization and identify areas of weakness to gain a better understanding and prepare for new projects, you will never feel ready for change.
- Imagine growth – Think about where the business will be by the end of the year. Start mapping out new processes. This will only help your organization with change management when the time comes!
- Don’t be behind the curve – Don’t wait until you have a new system in place to solve your problems. Identifying new structure before it is set will help you to better run your business.
Find a system that works best for your business. Once you’ve identified your pain points and found peace with the idea of change. You’ll want to purchase a total agency management solution, such as Deltek WorkBook that will grow with your business. Find software that makes your internal team comfortable. Identify if your team will need to reassign internal tasks to ensure the system is properly run. Choose a software provider that will be a true partner to support your business journey.
PCI has worked with hundreds of small firms to assist in overcoming the fear that may come with implementing a new system. We will set your agency up for ultimate success. For more information, contact us today.