PCI utilizes our reputable network of industry resources to provide clients with the best finance and accounting solution for your projects. PCI can connect you to direct hire and contract staff to manage your back-office support. Our placement success spans all levels, from c-suite to entry level.
C-Level Financial Support
- Review of Financials
- Operational Budget
- Proposal Pricing Strategy and Support
- Indirect Rate Development
- Organization Design
- Audit Support
- Monthly Invoice Generation
- Time and Expense Processing
- Labor Import and Posting
- Payroll Processing
- Leave Accrual
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Bank Reconicilation
- Month End Processing, Review and Reporting
- On and Off-Boarding Employees
- Human Resource Support
- Project and Contact Management
- Subcontractor and Vendor Management
- Maintaining and Updating Company Workforce
- Policy and Procedures
- System Administration
- Ad-Hoc Reporting
Need someone to assist with month end processing? Help with proposal pricing strategy and support? PCI can connect you to temporary staff to manage your back-office support. PCI utilizes our reputable network of industry resources to provide clients with the best finance and accounting solution for your projects.
Applicants: If you don’t see a role that fits your profile, we encourage you to submit your resume to [email protected]
Finance and Operations Controller – Washington, DC
Direct Hire Opportunity
The duties of the Financial Controller will revolve around ensuring that the group finance and reporting functions are operating effectively, efficiently and with adequate controls. Main responsibilities will include managing accounting records, evaluating and managing risk, ensuring compliance with regulations, government contracting compliance, publishing financial statements, overseeing accounting operations, analyzing financial data, monitoring expenditure, forecasting revenue, coordinating auditing processes, and ensuring accuracy of financial information. The controller will also work directly with the CFO and management team to dynamically run the business both locally and internationally.
- Managing all accounting operations including budgeting, billing, cost accounting, and reporting
- Liaising with country controllers to ensure adequate controls, financial reporting and record keeping is taking place within all group entities
- Managing all outsourced functions
- Managing and overseeing the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Management of the DC based finance team
- Overseeing the financial close process for all regional entities, including Kenya, South Africa, Nigeria, Senegal, Dubai, Tunisia, Iraq, Moldova, Columbia, Thailand, and UK
- Implement and oversee a strong internal control environment across all entities and ensuring group reporting policies are adhered to
- Perform cash balance reconciliations
- Overseeing payroll for the Group
- Overseeing invoicing and collections for all projects
- Managing tax compliance and audit for operational entities
- Preparing budgets and forecasts for all entities
- Managing quarterly and annual investor financial reporting processes
- Overseeing the preparation of deadline-driven reporting, including financial statements
- Working closely with investment professionals to ensure adequate performance metrics are designed and reported on
- Analyzing contracts to ensure financial compliance
- Automating and documenting processes as needed
- Providing training and guidance to new and existing team members
- Preparing, reconciling and publishing timely monthly financial reports
- Cash flow management and forecasting
- Coordinating the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts
- Ensuring compliance with statutory law and financial regulations
- Maintaining and overseeing the renewals on company insurance
- Ensuring contract compliance with FAR and USAID regulations
Ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Strong quantitative skills
- Strong working and theoretical knowledge of accounting and tax concepts
- Ability to edit / interpret financial models for a wide range of structures and scenarios
- Ability to build strong relationships with partners and colleagues in challenging environments
- Ability to design and implement financial management and reporting functions for a new established entity (process, team, systems, etc.)
- Experience working across multiple African jurisdictions is preferred
- Self-starter who is passionate about creating lasting change in frontier markets
- Comfort with ambiguity; ability to operate effectively in a changing context
- Willingness to work and live in a sometimes-challenging environment
Ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business field
- CPA/CA or its equivalent
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills – experience using Deltek Costpoint is a requirement
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Prior experience with USAID contracting and cost accounting principals
Staff Accountant/Bookkeeper – Titusville, FL
As an incentive and to attract a qualified candidate, our client will provide relocation assistance for a candidate to move to the Space Coast, provided they remain with the company for one year.
Accountant/Bookkeeper oversees and participates in the day to day operations of financial business administration. Position will report to the Chief Executive Officer and the Vice President of Business Solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities of Accountant/Bookkeeper include but not limited to the following:
- Preparation of invoices for submission to clients
- Tracking collection of invoices and Day Sales Outstanding (DSO)
- Monitoring and reporting outstanding receivables
- Collect various accounting data necessary to reconcile and review accounts and financial reports
- Reviewing invoices for payment processing
- Collect and organize documentation to support payment
- Collect various accounting data necessary to reconcile and review accounts and financial reports
- Run payroll utilizing Valiant time and labor management system then booking costs in accounting system.
- Control booking of payroll data into Quickbooks/Deltek CostPoint including fringe benefits of health & welfare, medical insurance premiums, 401k deductions, union related benefits.
- Proficient in Service Contract Act required benefits and pay, familiar with wage determinations and collective bargaining agreements.
- Manage Quickbooks/CostPoint General Ledger.
- Enter Journal Entries
- Reconcile accounting system with bank account and track unpaid expenses.
- Assist in the preparation and oversee daily, weekly and monthly reporting.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Actively engage in proposing change and continuous improvement to processes.
Take the lead on transitioning the company from Quickbooks to Costpoint for a January 1 change over.
Skills of Accountant/Bookkeeper:
- Written communication skills
- Account management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work remotely
- Remote working relationships with colleagues
- Accounts receivable and payable control processes
- Account Reconciliations
- Strong excel skills
- Quickbooks and Deltek Costpoint experience
Education/Experience of Accountant/Bookkeeper:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting
- Experience in Government Contracting with Service Contract Act contracts.
- Quickbooks and Deltek Costpoint Processing (REQUIRED)
- CPA (Preferred)
Senior Staff Accountant – Remote Opportunity
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of a full-time, Remote Senior Staff Accountant to support management with the financial aspects of running the company.
Assignment of Work and Travel:
This is a remote access assignment. Candidate will work remotely daily and will remotely access systems and therein use approved client provided communications systems. Regular travel is not required; however, the candidate may be required to attend offsite meetings as requested.
The Senior Staff Accountant will assist in planning the business’s financial operations, as well as mind the company ledger while working with executive management to create and control budgets. The Senior Staff Accountant will also be responsible for ensuring that actual business activities are in line with the organization’s plans by providing management with detailed, monthly financial reports.
Responsibilities and Duties (Included but not limited to):
· Setting up prepaid and deferred revenue accounts
· Balance sheet account reconciliations, monthly bank reconciliations, monthly credit card reconciliations
· Preparing ad hoc financial analysis reports for executive team
· Prepare and maintain the corporate budget, project budgets and cash forecast
· Preparing monthly invoices to the client
· Review and post expense reports, vendor invoices and process vendor payments
· Review and process annual 1099s
· Conversion of books from accrual to cash
· Interfacing with various auditors and tax preparers
· Financial statement preparation, including balance sheet and profit and loss, for review and presentation
· Setting up and managing people and projects in Unanet, including project burn reports
· Should have experience managing payroll process, from timesheet screening and expense reimbursement to ultimate processing of payroll, review tax remittances, monthly/quarterly reconciliation of payroll reports, and year-end W2 review.
· Will prepare and review journal entries to record unbilled receivables, prepaid expenses, accruals, depreciation, and other entries to assist in monthly financialclose.
· Candidate will interpret results of transactions and communicate necessary actions needed to comply with accounting standards and business procedures
· Ensures financial standards, and legal requirements are met and managed forcompliance
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
· Should be ready to start immediately
· Other duties as assigned
· Direct experience in general accounting, reporting and managing the close process
· Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Accounting
· Knowledge and understanding of accounting theory, policies, practices/procedures
· 3 years of recent experience with Unanet financials required
· Experience processing payroll in multiple states (Paylocity payroll experience a plus)
· Excellent customer service and organization
· Ability to quickly multi-task and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Proactive and motivated self-starter
· Ability to manipulate, analyze, and interpret data
· Strong organizational and communication skills
· Accuracy, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task/prioritize tasks appropriately to meet deadlines
· Ability to work independently to identify resources and resolve issues encountered
Preferred Qualifications and Core Competencies:
· 3 years of experience with government contracts and accounting (preferred)
· Understanding of DCAA, GSA and FAR as it relates to accounting
· Must be a self-starter with ability to work remotely as part of a team, or independently with little supervision or direction
Benefits of Staffing
- Backfill staff on leave
- Support of temporary projects
- Gain specific industry knowledge from subject matter experts
- Support replacements or growth for direct hire employees
- Meet critical accounting deadlines
- Acquire top-tier talent
- Complete projects on time and within budget
- Increase performance and effectiveness