PCI utilizes our reputable network of industry resources to provide clients with the best finance and accounting solution for your projects. PCI can connect you to direct hire and contract staff to manage your back-office support. Our placement success spans all levels, from c-suite to entry level.
C-Level Financial Support
- Review of Financials
- Operational Budget
- Proposal Pricing Strategy and Support
- Indirect Rate Development
- Organization Design
- Audit Support
- Monthly Invoice Generation
- Time and Expense Processing
- Labor Import and Posting
- Payroll Processing
- Leave Accrual
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Bank Reconicilation
- Month End Processing, Review and Reporting
- On and Off-Boarding Employees
- Human Resource Support
- Project and Contact Management
- Subcontractor and Vendor Management
- Maintaining and Updating Company Workforce
- Policy and Procedures
- System Administration
- Ad-Hoc Reporting
Need someone to assist with month end processing? Help with proposal pricing strategy and support? PCI can connect you to temporary staff to manage your back-office support. PCI utilizes our reputable network of industry resources to provide clients with the best finance and accounting solution for your projects.
Applicants: If you don’t see a role that fits your profile, we encourage you to submit your resume to [email protected]
Deltek Workbook Staff Accountant – 100% Remote – Direct Hire Opportunity
PCI offers a wide range of services from accounting support to full Deltek WorkBook implementations. Our consulting practice helps projects based businesses gain better visibility and control into their everyday processes, and we assist in running backend accounting departments. PCI is a Deltek Premier Partner and we specialize in consulting, implementation, and training for Deltek products. Our goals are to ensure project based businesses can move past any barriers that impede profitability—leaving customers focused on success and growth.
PCI is looking for a motivated, self-starter to join our team of accounting and consulting professionals to assist in the implementation, training and operation of Accounting ERP systems. Operations will be conducted in the Deltek WorkBook ERP system. PCI offers competitive salaries and benefits and the ability to work in a remote environment.
Responsibilities & Desired Skills
Core understanding of accounting principles, and project cost accounting to include: Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Invoicing, Bank Reconciliations, Financial Statement Reconciliations, Payroll, and Expense and Time Collection Tracking
Provide training (via phone, web, or in-person) to clients
Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment delivering results and quality services, while managing multiple projects simultaneously
Team-oriented, self-starter that has the ability to work in both a collaborative and independent environment
Demonstrate excellent customer service and client management skills, and ability to interface with business owners and C-Level Executives
Ability to work in a remote environment with flexible hours to support east and west coast-based customers
Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Information Systems or related field
One year of experience in any industry, Marketing industry preferred
Experience with Deltek WorkBook a plus
Senior Accountant / Business Manager – Washington DC – NW
Direct Hire Opportunity, On-site
The Accountant/Business Manager is an essential part of the financial management team, overseeing organizational systems for gathering data, analyzing information, confirming the accuracy of reports and providing recommendations for improving accounting methods. This role must have an understanding of all types of financial operations at the company and how they work together.
The successful candidate will have strong knowledge of the federal, and state/local (non-construction) government contracting business environment; Deltek’s Costpoint 8 accounting software platform; be capable of thriving in the sporadic time and pressure demands of a small business; and must have good judgement, discretion and the ability to work efficiently with limited supervision.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Handling all accounting operations, including financial reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, payroll, fixed assets, bank statement reconciliations, etc.
· Managing month-end and annual general ledger close processes including timely and accurate preparation of all financial reports at the project level as well as balance sheet account reconciliations.
· Preparing and filing tax returns in coordination with the outside CPA firm.
· Supporting company-wide budgeting and forecasting processes, including monthly analysis of actual costs versus budget.
· Managing all audits, including financial, Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA, IRS, and bank.
· Enhancing, developing, implementing and enforcing accounting policies and procedures to include compilation of an accounting manual.
· Ensuring continual process improvement and excellent customer service to all employees and management.
· Preforming special projects as directed; and
· Other projects as assigned.
· BS in accounting or finance; Masters and/or CPA preferred.
· At least 5 years of progressive financial management experience, with at least 3 years as an accountant or similar position in a private sector, preferably small business, government contracting environment.
· Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); familiarity with general Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) requirements, federal legislation, rules and guidelines, including compilation of incurred cost submissions, federal, state, and local tax filings and other government reports, required.
· Sound understanding of accounting system implementation and integration, government contracting, and DCAA reporting.
· Experience with Deltek Costpoint 8, accounting software in a government contracting environment, required.
· Highly detail-oriented, analytical and organized.
· Ability to operate independently with minimal supervision.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Proficient with MS Office Suite; Excel, Word and Outlook proficiency a must.
Deltek Costpoint Administrator – Remote – Anywhere in the USA
Direct Hire Opportunity
Our client is seeking a full-time, highly motivated and technically skilled problem-solver for the position of Business Systems Administrator, reporting to the Director of Financial Operations. This role is a dynamic, organizational-growth opportunity which interacts and collaborates with team members across including research, policy, and administrative positions. This role will ensure that our client fully leverages, develops, and maintains Deltek Costpoint which is the Financial and project management platform.
The position is flexible as to geographic location, with options for all-remote work.
•Oversee the day-to-day operations of Deltek Costpoint, respond to all inquiries, manage all
system upgrades, and troubleshoot and resolve system issues.
•Act as the business system’s subject matter expert on Deltek Costpoint.
•Partner with all staff to assess their needs from the system and create appropriate solutions.
•Analyze systems based on organizational need with a view towards improvement, modification
•Conduct training, create manuals, document instructions and procedures to facilitate a user
•Monitor all Deltek Enterprise scheduled activities and troubleshoot any issues encountered.
•Provide expertise and assistance ensuring all processes meet audit and security requirements.
•Perform other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate should have demonstrated experience in and continue to build capability in the following areas:
Internal Business Partnering
•Provide friendly, timely and succinct service/support to internal end users including training
and support on core functionality, creating (where needed) and updating of manuals, monitoring helpdesk tickets, and documenting process and procedures.
•Liaise with Financial Operations and Technology Departments to ensure compliance with user
provisioning internal controls for the financial systems.
•Work closely with Accounting, Research Administration, Research Technology and Human
Resources, and business operations users to understand complex reporting requirements and develop Costpoint Business Intelligence (CBI) reports to address these requirements.
Project Management/Contract Management
•Understand the full project lifecycle to conduct initial project set-up at contract award stage
that meets all revenue recognition requirements; establish and communicate a clear and efficient process; enter budget data and make necessary adjustments, set-up billing for projects, and initiate project closeout.
•Process and post timesheets in Deltek Time & Expense and Deltek Costpoint.
•Meet with report requestors to document their needs and provide solutions.
•Prepare and maintain documentation, including requirements, specifications, process flow, and
•Research, determine relevance, organize and formulate recommendations involving complex
financial information and systems pertaining to Costpoint.
•Support existing Cognos reports and dashboards; create new reports as required and maintain
•Set up new users, distribute log-in information, and adjust settings for other users where
•Maintain user accounts including but not limited to, permissions, resource information,
assigned projects and related hours.
•Terminate user’s system access and initiate closing procedures as appropriate.
•Create information gathering techniques that will minimize manual input into all systems and
complete API initiative. Implement and maintain feasible data exchange protocols between related systems.
•Provide expertise and assistance ensuring all processes meet audit and security requirements.
•Lead and conduct annual user access review.
•Lead the evaluation, escalation and resolution of defects with the Costpoint Deltek system.
•Serve as primary point of contact for Deltek Service Desk requests and approve data
modification scripts when troubleshooting application issues via support cases with Deltek Customer Care team.
•Liaise with implementation partner for configuration needs, troubleshooting, and support as
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related technical field preferred; relevant Costpoint experience will be considered in lieu of bachelor’s degree.
Experience & Other Qualifications
•3+ years relevant experience supporting business systems applications; experience with
Costpoint, T&E, other Deltek modules, and Cognos preferred.
•Thorough understanding the grants and contract lifecycle. Experience with post-award
•Experience designing configuration, mapping data and supporting integrated ERP solutions.
•Demonstrated ability to apply systems knowledge while supporting business needs.
•Proven partnering with multiple internal departments to include strong background in
supporting cross-functional teams.
•Demonstrated ability to take ownership of problems, analyze facts, draw conclusions, suggest
solutions, and work autonomously, or with others ensuring successful resolution.
•Ability to plan and manage multiple, concurrent tasks, projects, and deadlines.
•Ability to adapt to changing work efforts, manage the impact of shifting priorities, and resolve
technical/functional emergencies as they occur.
•Must have strong customer service orientation; be able to maintain a professional demeanor,
and work under pressure to handle critical issues in timely manner.
•Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, verbal communication, and written communication
skills. Demonstrated ability to prepare detailed written instructions and documentation.
•Strong attention to detail, with a commitment to high quality work.
•Ability to work as a team member or as an individual contributor.
•Superb analytical and critical thinking skills.
•Demonstrated judgment and discretion in the sharing of sensitive information.
•Advanced skills with the Microsoft Office Suite required including strong Excel skills.
•Experience working in an office environment.
Deltek Costpoint Financial Analyst – Rome, NY Area – or Remote Opportunity, Direct Hire Opportunity
When you join our client’s team, you’ll collaborate with leading experts and an incredible team of energetic and visionary thinkers, and we have an opening for a Financial Analyst! The Finance Department is led by industry experts, so you’ll be working with the best while contributing to a meaningful mission.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage contracts from proposal pricing to contract set-up, program tracking and analysis, invoicing (public vouchers), and contract closeouts.
- Work with commercial and government customers to provide financial information, tracking, and program status reports, while delivering timely and accurate reporting to internal and external customers and leadership as requested.
- Prepare program budgets and forecasts for program managers. Actively monitor spending.
- Analyze project spending and effectively present accurate analysis including, but not limited to, budget, actuals, forecasts, and variances. Provide analysis results and recommendations to improve profitability.
- Prepare financial reporting required under contracts.
- Track and report IR&D, B&P, and overhead spending. Identify key metrics that can improve profitability.
- Prepare accurate time utilization reports and billing reports that are audit-ready.
- Respond to audit requests (from DCAA and internal auditors), including annual DCAA Incurred Cost Submission audits.
- Conform with and abide by all regulatory requirements, including FAR and DFARS, and internal policies & procedures
- Independently manage special analytical projects, as requested. Collaboratively contribute to departmental initiatives, including improvements in process efficiency and effectiveness
- Establish and maintain meaningful professional relationships with colleagues and customers, and provide assistance with financial requests.
- Maintain a state of readiness, including supporting documentation, for internal and regulatory audits, which may be scheduled or unscheduled.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or related field and 2 years work experience in Accounting or Finance, or other relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 year experience with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) procedures and Department of Defense (DoD) requirements.
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects and multiple clients simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently as a sole contributor and collaboratively as part of a team,
- Willingness and ability to eagerly take on new tasks with high level of complexity and ambiguity.
- Experience working autonomously with minimal oversight and taking ownership of work product, but also able to take specific direction and feedback as provided by managers
Benefits of Staffing
- Backfill staff on leave
- Support of temporary projects
- Gain specific industry knowledge from subject matter experts
- Support replacements or growth for direct hire employees
- Meet critical accounting deadlines
- Acquire top-tier talent
- Complete projects on time and within budget
- Increase performance and effectiveness